Thursday, March 12, 2009

Covers

I really like cover songs. I love to hear familiar tunes that have been reinvented by different artists. Kind of like the way I love seeing how different writers and artists interpret my favorite comic book characters. Even if a cover song sucks, I usually appreciate the attempt made by the artist to pay homage to an old (or not-so old) favorite.

So, today I decided to type "cover" into the Tag field on Last.fm Radio and give it a listen.

Ummm... holy crap. Why didn't I think of doing this sooner? My ears were filled with almost pure win.

My only complaint is that entirely too many artists have gotten it in their heads to cover the song "Umbrella." Seriously, did they all get together and record a "Let's help Rihanna get her face patched back up so she'll be pretty again" benefit album?

...

I know, I know... that was terrible. Domestic violence isn't funny. Not even when it happens to celebrities.

So anyway, if you're a fan of covers too, go and listen to Cover Radio on Last.fm if you haven't already. Because Pandora doesn't have tags (and it is also now blocked by the web filters at my job).

No comments:

Post a Comment