Friday, September 25, 2009

A Thousand Percent Chance of Rain

No joke: I drove through the book of Genesis chapters 6-9 on the way home from work yesterday. Just coasting along, minding my own business, when suddenly I notice the Wall of Gloom™ I'm heading straight into, and, being on the Howard Franklin Bridge, cannot avoid. Seriously, the sky looked like a massive box of Prismacolor French Greys exploded for as far as the eye could see. It was weather a Ferengi could be proud of.

That being said, it's a given that a bunch of inconsiderate SUV drivers go zooming by like it's another sunny day at the beach, splashing copious tonnage of rainwater all over their surroundings. And here I am, in my Hyundai Elantra, which has great gas mileage but is just a shade taller than R2-D2. Not only do I have to deal with the deluge from the heavens, but now I'm under a horizontal aquatic assault, like some third-world island nation with lots of oil or something. Screw you, inconsiderate SUV drivers.

Anyway, I was very glad to finally get home, and now I must get ready for work. Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment